John Done is a mediator, arbitrator, ADR trainer and lawyer.
John’s qualifications include:
- Juris Doctor (JD) (University of Western Ontario, 1981)
- Called to the Bar of the Law Society of Upper Canada (1983)
- Master of Laws (LLM) ( Alt’ive Dispute Resolution) (Osgoode Hall Law School, 2000)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) (Queen’s University, 2006)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2013)
John has experience in related sectors. Since 1989, he has been the executive director at a community legal clinic. John has taught alternative dispute resolution at Queen’s University Faculty of Law. He volunteered with Bridges Across Borders Southeast Asia in Thailand and the Lao PDR, training law professors and justice officials, and helping the National University of Lao establish a governance structure for its community legal education program. John’s skills include negotiation analysis, game theory, empirical legal techniques, and law & economics.
John is a member of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice’s roster of mediators for the mandatory mediation program in the civil justice system in Toronto.
John is fluent in Spanish, as well as English. He lives in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, with his wife Connie and daughters Beatriz and Juanita.
John provides services in the Toronto to Ottawa corridor, and by special arrangement, in Bogotá, Colombia.